Sunday, December 16, 2012

5 in 5 - The Necessities

We are very busy in our daily lives but that doesn't mean we can't spend a little time on ourselves. Here are 5 makeup items that are necessities (or so we think) and will only take 5 minutes...

  
1. Concealer, foundation, pressed powder, etc.
Everyone's skin is so different. Each of us need different coverage and prefer different finishes. Using a base will help create a beautiful canvas that covers blemishes, dark circles and evens out skin tone. My personal favorites are by MAKE UP FOREVER.

Face & Body Liquid Makeup - Waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel that gives skin a uniform satin finish (dewy). Works with fine lines and large pores and can even use on your body! (Fun fact: Jennifer Aniston used this product in the movie "Just go with it" when she dives into the pond at the waterfall)
Duo Mat Powder - Long lasting matte powder foundation. I have used this powder for 4 years and swear by it!


2. Eyeliner or shadow
Lining your eyes will give them definition and make em POP! It is fun to play with different colors that contrast with your eye color. I have blue eyes so I like to use black, brown, bronze, gold, and all shades of blue. Sometimes I feel eyeliner is a bit harsh so I prefer to use eyeshadow and a liner brush. The edges are softer and it's more natural looking. Any shadow with a nice pigment works great. 

3. Mascara
This gives you a feminine beautiful awake look. Every time I go in public without mascara on people always ask me "Why are you so tired?" when I really had a full nights sleep. It's easy and fast and always worth it! I try to stay away from waterproof. I feel it's harder on your lashes and I hate when I have to scrub at my eyes when washing my face. The lashes are just too delicate! When I can, I splurge (or I trick Angela into splurging for me :)! 
Lancome makes amazing mascara and it smells like a flower garden. I guess that is what you get for $25 a tube!

4. Blush
Sometimes we look washed out and tired, especially in these winter months. Blush will liven you up and give you a healthy natural look.

Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush by Tarte - This blush is infused with clay from the banks of the Amazon River. It works for all skin types and there are many shades.

5. Illuminator
Want to have a glow? Illuminator will highlight your features and that is when you get the compliments. I put it on my cheekbones and curve it around my temples, on the inner corner of my eyes, and on my brow bone. Be careful, though, if you use too much your face will become shiny and off balance.

MAC Mineralize powder and Benefit high beam & sun beam are some of my loves.


Try these 5 quick steps out and let me know how it goes!  Also, let me know if you have any questions!

~Marianne 

No comments:

Post a Comment