Thursday, December 20, 2012

5 Products That Will Change Your Hair's Life

Unfortunately, I was not blessed with strong hair and I have a bad habit of damaging my precious locks.  The dry Utah weather doesn't help it, either.  I have spent the last few years searching for products that will make up for that.  So, for all of you out there who have tried the biotin, prenatal vitamins, and endless leave-in conditioners, today I am going to show you the top five products I have found that have changed my hair's texture, length, and overall well-being entirely. 

#1: One 'N Only Argan Oil 

Moroccan Argan Oil became quite trendy over the last few years, but I never wanted to try it because my hair is already naturally oily.  I went into Sally's last March and they had just received this product.  I was looking at it while I was checking out and the cashier gave me her little sales pitch.  The price wasn't bad so I decided to give it a try.  I was careful to only use it on the bottom half of my hair so that I wouldn't look like a grease ball everyday, applying it after I washed and conditioned my hair, kind of when it was in that damp state.  Now, I can't (I think this is a mental block so maybe I should say "won't") even begin to comb out my wet hair until I have applied this oil!  It acts as a detangler AND strengthener, which I totally need.  I have also started to put it up around my hairline to help those strands that get damaged and break off more.  I am sure any Argan Oil will work, this is just the specific brand I use.




#2: Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Shampoo

This is what I like to call the pro-shine, non-frizz, de-tangler, healthy shampoo.  What an amazing product.  I got this small sample when I was shopping in September and it has made a huge difference in the dryness and frizz of my hair.  It is hard for me to keep a good shine during the winter, and usually I rely on conditioners to protect my hair, but this shampoo is well worth the money.  The olive oil mixed with the shampoo formula is brilliant.


#3:  It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask

For those of you who just need an entire re-vamp of the hair, this product is for you.  I feel scared for my hair's well-being when I run out of this product.  It is a little pricey, but it is so worth it, and it can last a long time.  When I first starting using this, I would do weekly over-nighters with it on.  After I shampooed my hair, Marianne and I would slather this all over my hair and I would sleep in it with a bag around my head.  Those were some long nights, but well worth getting rid of my "chemical cut"!!  It stopped breakage and put the "soft" touch back into my hair's texture.  Now that my hair is doing better, I like to use it as regular conditioner once a week.  This is probably my number 1 recommended hair product.  It changed my hair's life!



#4:  No Drought Dry Shampoo by LUSH

If you are trying to save your hair, DON'T WASH IT EVERYDAY!!! I know that can drive some of us nuts, though, because we can SEE when we don't wash our hair.  I think dry shampoo is one of the best inventions ever.  I was using a spray dry shampoo, but I found that it coated my hair and made it look like I used too much product, so I switched to this powder just two weeks ago and I am really loving it so far.  The spray is definitely more convenient (and less messy), and may work for some of you, but for those of you looking for a powder, this one smells great, too!  Not to mention, it is made from all natural products, yay for being green!




#5: BioSil

This is the only product on this list that you use orally, but this product, alone, is enough.  I was looking for biotin at Whole Foods last spring and the girl told me if I was looking to help my hair I had to try this, it was the best.  She was right.  My hair sprouted and grew like a weed, and became thicker over night (okay not really but you know what I mean).  I'm a believer.  I have to say it tastes pretty bad, though, so I try to mix it with Diet Coke or juice. 



*One more tip: SOFT WATER makes such a difference in my hair.  Never realized it until I didn't have it.  If you have hard water, try getting a filter or something, it is totally worth it!



So here it is, the list of 5 products my hair can't live without!  I know that some of these products are pricey, but I have tried a majority of the drugstore products and they just didn't work.  My hair was in such bad condition that it was worth it for me to splurge on these.  Hope you guys try some of them, and let me know what you think!!!

--Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment