Monday, December 17, 2012

Feeling Golden

Gold is such a GREAT color on the face. The warm looks that can be created by the gold and bronze family have always intrigued me.  It can be used for a special occasion during the day, or for a glam night look.  There are so many different things you can do with such a versatile color scheme!  Today I am going to show you a more simple look.






Products Used:

MAC "Amber Light"s eyeshadow all over the lid extending into the inner corners.  Starting midway on the lid, blend out "Deep Shimmery Bronze" from TARTE Eye Couture Day-To-Night palette.  Finish the shadow with MAC "carbon" eyeshadow on the outer edge. Use Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Zero" on top lash line and waterline, then halfway under bottom lash line.  Clinique "High Impact Mascara" in black on lashes.  Loreal Colour Caresse in "Merino Mauve" on lips

*The key to maintaining a more mellow day look is keeping soft edges on the outer corners.  Instead of drawing it to a point like I usually would (cat-eye style), I put "carbon" on by using circle motions with my brush.  This gives you more control of how dramatic you want to go.  Since we used three colors in this look, don't forget to BLEND BLEND BLEND!

*This was the first time I have ever used a Loreal lip color and I actually loved it!  It's a great everyday color and I love the finish on it.  Not too shimmery but still has the perfect glow. 



Try this look out and let us know how it goes!

--Angela 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment