Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mommy Makeover

Today's post turned out absolutely gorgeous, and I have to credit a lot of that to my beautiful sister, Allison, for being my little model!  She has always been one to get dressed up and take care of herself, but after having a baby five months ago, she kind of "lost her way" (lol) and she will be the first to admit that!  One thing she expressed to Marianne and I was that it was hard to feel pretty.  Between changing diapers, doing laundry, being extremely swollen right before and after the birth, and her skin going through major changes, getting herself together wasn't an option.

Today, I want to focus on moms or just people in general who don't have a lot of time, but would still like to have an IMPACT look. For example, a Christmas party, where Allison was headed.  The best part about this look is it only took about 30 minutes.  We didn't have a lot of time, so we focused on her best asset, her eyes.  I also contoured her face to help define her cheeks which made her appear slimmer, and gave her a nude lip so the focus stayed up top.  I love this look!!!


Products Used:
Makeup Forever DUO MAT pressed foundation
Buxom TRUE HUE BLUSH "Shangri-La-La"
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish "Lightscapade"

MAC "All That Glitters" eyeshadow
MAC "Carbon" eyeshadow
Tarte Jewelry Box Holiday Pallet- the shimmery burgundy color that is nameless!
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil "Empire"
Clinique High Impact Mascara "Black"
MAC "Creme d' Nude" lipstick


This is Allison fresh-faced, still beautiful!  Always start with a clean, moisturized face.  Make sure you clean all black from under the eyes.  So important.  To start, I gave her an all-over sweep of the Makeup Forever pressed foundation, she only needed light coverage.  For those of you that want a little more, just keep applying and it will build upon itself.


I then applied the Buxom blush.  I am completely in love with this product.  It is DARK AND POTENT so you don't need much!  When applying blush, you can do it a few different ways, but I chose to sweep it ON her cheekbone so her face would appear more defined, taking it all the way up to the hairline.



I then applied "All That Glitters" all over her eyelid, all the way up to her brow.  This color is a fabulous everyday color, and has a little shimmer in it, which I love.  I then got my nameless burgundy color (haha, any accent color will do here, I like burgundy on blue eyes) and blended from the outer corner around the outside of her eye.  Think of starting at the end of the lash line and curving up into the crease in a "C" shape.  (If I want a more dramatic look, I could take it all the way in on the crease.)  I then got "Carbon" and added just a small amount to the middle of my "C" to add dimension.  Black can be a scary makeup color, but the key to making it work with this look is BLENDING.


Next step is the eyeliner.  Urban Decay Glide On is really great because it goes on SUPER easy, as the name implies!  I didn't do a wing, I just simply lined the upper lash line, water line, and went halfway underneath the lower lash line.  I love the purple on Allison!  We curled her lashes, and then applied the Clinique mascara on top and bottom.



Now it is time for the finishing touches!  I used a lighter shade of nude lipstick, which looks better with Allison's skin tone.  She didn't like the nude lip at first, but I told her she HAD to wear it to get used to it.  It is definitely a different look, but it is very classy, and, not to mention, trendy!  I then got my illuminator by MAC called "Lightscapade", which has changed my life!  This is basically one of my makeup staples now.  I use it on EVERY look.  You only need a little bit, otherwise you will look too shiny, but it gives quality and the "wow" factor to each look.  I put a small amount on a face brush and swept it down the middle of Allison's face, starting between the eyebrows, down the nose, on top of the lip, and a small dab on the chin.  I also swept it under her eyes, in an "up" motion, parallel to her blush.  It gives a glow to the face that you can't get any other way!


I know it seems like a lot of steps and products, but as your makeup collection grows and you learn how to use your products, you will become more confident and work faster.  Thanks, Allison, for letting me get you pretty today!

--ANGELA

3 comments:

  1. I am curious about everything I need to know about getting a "mommy makeover" like the cost, the procedures, and if you have had the surgeries: would you recommend it? I know it's going to be extremely painful but definetly think it will be worth it. All suggestions welcome,
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. To learn about mommy makeover surgery in India, call board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Dr.Milan Doshi at +91 9869041559 for a free consultation today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website. SurgeonGate Mommy Makeover

    ReplyDelete